It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to limit scope or hide communities which users do not have access to?

Jonathan Lynch (611) | asked Oct 09 '14, 9:06 a.m.
 Is it possible to limit scope or hide the visibility of communities which users do not have access to?

I am aware that community access can be restricted. When this is done the community gets "greyed out" but the community it is still visible. Is it possible to hide it completely? For this project it is important that each group of users can only see their related community. 

Alternatively has any work been done on IRAM multitenancy?  Is there any way to virtualise multiple RAM instances on one server to create a customised view for each group of users? 

My question is similar to this one from two years ago, just hoping some functionality has been added to overcome this since.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/96870/hide-communities-from-end-users

One answer

permanent link
Lin Lu (3063) | answered Oct 09 '14, 11:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I think the feature you would like is not implemented at this moment.

I think RAM treats community as resource container, or service provider, it need to be visible to users as entrance to resources(assets), and you can find it in oslc service catalog. User role is used to manage manage the behaves user could perform to the resources contained in one community. So community is like a box which is used to contain assets, every one can see the box, however if you have no access to the box, you have no idea what is inside.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.