It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mixed font in DNG artifacts due to pasting from other data sets

Vani B (1391067) | asked Sep 03 '19, 5:47 a.m.

There is no easy way to clean up font across all or a selected set of artifacts in a module.

This makes it very hard to pull in data from different people and get a uniform look.ᅠᅠ

Is there some feature in DNG that we aren't aware of that we can select a set of artifacts and apply the correct font type to all?ᅠ If not is there a script that could be easily written to do this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rakesh S (39112) | answered Sep 05 '19, 12:57 a.m.

Hi Vani,

There is a similar RFE which has been already submitted .Kindly go through the RFE and upvote it , if it is applicable in your case. 

http://www.ibm.com/developerwo <wbr> rks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewR <wbr> fe&CR_ID=130560

Vani B selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Todor Gurov (311) | answered Sep 03 '19, 11:49 a.m.

I wish a solution could be implemented for a way to highlight a number artifacts at one time and perform formatting at once instead of clicking on each artifact, going in the "contents" attribute and changing the font. (Sharepoint has something called a Datasheet view, where you can do anything like in Excel, including pasting text).

As Sean F has pointed out you have to find creative ways to work around the tool to do the job.
I have also noticed we have a lot of issues in RQM in the test steps, if they are pasted from word, the font goes crazy when generating the out of the box reports. (some steps it is huge, other steps it is normal, and other steps it is tiny). Very time consuming to edit font sizes.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243150) | answered Sep 03 '19, 11:00 a.m.
edited Sep 03 '19, 11:01 a.m.

Hi Vani,

It would be possible to strip out the mark-up using scripting but scripting is much more time-consuming to develop in DNG than it was in DOORS Classic.

The simplest way to achieve what you are trying to do would be to export the artifacts to a CSV file and then import them back again to the same artifacts using the original IDs to retain module structure.

choose the default CSV instead of switching to XLSX

Just import immediately after exporting without changing anything in the CSV

Be sure to exclude any artifacts with pictures and also any artifacts with rich-text mark-up that needs to be retained (bold/italics etc.) from the view to be exported as pictures and richtext would also be lost when doing a CSV round-trip for format clean-up.

I would also suggest that you exclude headings from this round trip as I have had some occasional strange data corruptions when round-tripping heading text values via XLSX round-trip.

If you need to clean up headings too then make a copy of the module with duplicates of all artifacts or else make an archive as a backup first.

permanent link
Richard Hall (107211) | answered Sep 03 '19, 11:27 a.m.

As the answer above states using XLS/CSV will mean that all formatting will be 'lost' on bringing the artifacts back in.

I found that using ReqIf allowed specific formatting to be removed / modified / added.
However, I also found an unexplained problem in re-importing the ReqIf where unrelated attributes randomly changed.  IBM were unable to reproduce and I never got to a satisfactory conclusion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.