It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query requirements having set no value for (custom) attribute

Benjamin Röhl (1671324) | asked Nov 13 '15, 7:27 a.m.
edited Nov 13 '15, 7:41 a.m.
Hello,

like the question summary already implies, I have a custom attribute defined for my requirements.
I would like to get all requirements that have set no value for this attribute in a requirement.
Therefor I build the following OSLC query:
.../rm/views?oslc.query=true&projectURL={project-area-url}&oslc.prefix=rp=<https://jazz.ps-office.local:9443/rm/types/>&oslc.select=*&oslc.where=rp:_J8gyoT8sEeSZxPPkdZ-lVg!=""

(The {project-area-url} is replaced for simplification. Each query parameter will be url-encoded for the request)

As you can see I check the custom attributes value if that is unequal to an empty string.

The issue:
Executing the query request returns all requirements containing even requirements having set the attribute value to empty string.

The question:
May I have defined the query incorrectly or does Doors NG behave not correctly?

Kind Regards

Comments
Benjamin Röhl commented Nov 13 '15, 7:42 a.m. | edited Nov 13 '15, 7:44 a.m.

That is the correct prefix of the above query parameter:

oslc.prefix=rp=<https: jazz.ps-office.local:9443/rm/types/>

(It gets somehow destroyed by the editor. Couldn't fix it right there )

Gabriel Ruelas commented Nov 13 '15, 7:59 a.m.

Hi, which RDNG version are you using? best regards.

Benjamin Röhl commented Nov 13 '15, 8:04 a.m.

Sorry missing this, it's Doors NG 6.0.0.
I also have the configuration management enabled for this project. Thus I add the Configuration-Context header. But I think it should not relate to this issue, just mentioning.

Donald Nong commented Nov 15 '15, 7:30 p.m.

I tested with RDNG 5.0.2 and could see similar results. If I set the sole "oslc.where" parameter to 'property=""', I got 0 result. But if I changed it to 'property!=""', I got all requirements in the project, including artifacts not having the property as well. RDNG definitely has some serious problems with the "!=" operator. I believe this is a defect.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.