It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project master data management

Pankaj Sharma (401170) | asked Mar 09 '17, 11:37 p.m.

I have a life cycle project (v6.0.2)

I have a need to storing and managing some project specific master data like
Group Name, Group Description, Functions available in group, Group lead, backup for group, SME for the group plus many more attributes varying type text, bool, and contributor list..

These data keep on changing.

Kindly suggest which approach should I use
1) Use DNG to store these data and ask respective stakeholders to manage data in DNG
2) Create WI in RTC to manage these data

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 10 '17, 3:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Without knowing what the purpose of storing the data is, there is no way to tell. 

If this is just to organize who does what and holds what responsibility I don't see why this information should be stored in any of the tools. They are for lifecycle management and not to store org charts.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 10 '17, 3:29 a.m.

If this information is important for the users, e.g. to understand whom to communicate to, it would be possible to put it on a dashboard. One option would be as HTML widget. Another option would be to publish it as HTML somewhere and use another widget to show that external HTML information.

Pankaj Sharma commented Mar 10 '17, 10:57 a.m.

Thanks Ralph,

You guessed it right, this data would be useful to communicate in organization and we are planning to automate assignment based to the task for respective group.

Also there will be frequent changes in the data and we want respective group leads should manage data w.r.t. their one data.
Do you think HTML would be good for this.

Donald Nong commented Mar 12 '17, 8:20 p.m.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 13 '17, 3:36 a.m.

The information about what you want to do with the data is not detailed enough to answer.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.