It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing Process Description into DOORS NG 6.0.6

Mary Miller (87125) | asked Aug 29 '19, 6:34 p.m.
Good day,

I was attempting to import a Process Description into DOORS NG 6.0.6.  As a NOTE:  We do not have Configuration Management enabled, and we do not have any other CLM tools installed.

It looks like DOORS NG expected a zip file to be imported.  I zipped up a Word document that contained an old Process Description (as an example).  However, DOORS NG gave me an error.

I think I must be missing something.  How do you setup a Process Description so that it can be imported into DOORS NG?

Thanks!

Mary

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243150) | answered Aug 30 '19, 12:06 p.m.

Hi Mary,

The 'Import Process Description' option in DNG is expecting a Zip file containing a previously exported DNG Process Description.

This file is in the form of a Zip file containing 2 XML files and a .properties file. These files contain the Process Description.

You can export a Process Description as zipped XML files using the button circles in red which shows up against an existing process description in a DNG project.

To create such an exportable description in ProjectA for export to ProjectB you can select the 'Create a new process description' option in ProjectA

Mary Miller selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mary Miller commented Aug 30 '19, 12:50 p.m.

Okay.  That makes more sense.  I couldn’t find information that importing a Process  Description was meant to be one that was previously exported Process Description from RDNG.

I really appreciate this answer.

Thanks!

Mary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.