It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to link to different existing requirements when importing test cases

James Chapman (2526) | asked Jan 28 '16, 9:50 a.m.
I have seen various answers to this on here that only offer the RQMExcelWordImporter's (v 6.0) 'Link to an existing RM requirment' checkbox as a method to import Test Cases and link requirements, however I can't help but feel there has to be another, more practical way. 
When importing our Test cases I'd prefer to do this in one fell swoop all at once, the problem with the above solution is that it seems you can only ever import the set of Test Cases that validate a single requirement from RDNG with each import, so you would need to repeat the import process for each of your requirements and the respective test cases.

Surely there must be a way to link a requirement using it's ID as you import that Test Case row into RQM?
Thank you.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Feb 03 '16, 2:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
James,

RQMExcelImport tool allows you to link test artifact to the existing single/multiple requirements using UI and that's the only option supported. But I do agree this could be useful if supported to link using existing identifier via cfg file, you may wants to raise this as RFE.

Regards,
Mehul
James Chapman selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.