It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I control the default roles and permissions for new RM Projects?

Jamie Berry (14014196) | asked Feb 24 '16, 10:52 a.m.
 In RDNG, you create new project areas using the Admin 'Create Project Area' and then select a Project Template.  The resulting project area is created with a set of roles and permissions.  We want to have our projects created with a different set of roles and permissions but don't see a way to make that happen.  We can create a custom Process Template and create a new project area from that, but then it doesn't have our Project Area settings and importing the artifacts from our seed project area doesn't work due to changes in status and priority attribute types...  

Is there any way to control what is used as the base/default process when creating a new project area in the recommended method "Create Project Area"?

We are using CLM 5.0.2 and working on upgrading to 6.0.1.

Thanks,
Jamie.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Håkan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Mar 02 '16, 7:32 a.m.
If I understand correctly you would like to have your own process template as the default process template when you create a new project from a project template? If that is the case have a look at this technote which describes how to have DNG to pick your customized process template when you create a new project out of a project template:
How to reuse a customized process template

Jamie Berry selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Mar 02 '16, 10:54 a.m.

Thank you very much for the information.  This is exactly what I was looking for and it worked as advertised.

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Mar 02 '16, 5:13 a.m.
edited Mar 02 '16, 5:14 a.m.
If I understand correctly, you want to create a project based on a specified process template and a specified project template, which is unfortunately impossible with RDNG. You can do it separately, with either a process template or a project template, as you have found out.

Note the RDNG project template does not include any process configuration, and the default process template will be used when you create a project based on a project template.

This leaves us only the risky option - modify the default process template directly (in RTC Eclipse client), and create the new project based on a project template. You know how to create a new one, so you should know how to modify the existing one as well. To make it safer, always keep a backup, and revert back to the original version after you create the new project with the desired process changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.