It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement / Test Case Report from RQM

Sanal Menon (611612) | asked Nov 05 '09, 12:02 p.m.
I am trying to get a report out of RQM with the following fields.
=>> Requirement name, Test Case Name, Test Case Description

Basically a Requriement traceability report with an additional field "Test Case Description".

Can you let me know how to get this from RQM / RTC?

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Michael Franzen (16642) | answered Nov 06 '09, 3:44 p.m.

permanent link
Sanal Menon (611612) | answered Nov 06 '09, 4:03 p.m.
Maybe you can use the RQM Custom Reporting (RCR) to get this kind of report generated.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.reporting.doc/topics/t_customizesamplereport.html

Thanks Mike! Custom Reporting (CR) was our fall back plan if the standard report didn't work. But before we get there, we wanted to be sure that this kind of report can be generated using CR (Client has close stake in this and hence do not want to suggest if their requirement can't be met).

As Work items (Requirements, Defects and task) are stored in database, I understand that any reporting tool can connect to the fields in the DB. But a "Test Case" is not a work item and hence I was not sure if custom reporting will be able to get the description of the test case into a report (Matrix), along with the requirement fields.

Will custom reporting solve our purpose?

permanent link
Sanal Menon (611612) | answered Nov 09 '09, 2:47 p.m.
Maybe you can use the RQM Custom Reporting (RCR) to get this kind of report generated.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.reporting.doc/topics/t_customizesamplereport.html

Thanks Mike! Custom Reporting (CR) was our fall back plan if the standard report didn't work. But before we get there, we wanted to be sure that this kind of report can be generated using CR (Client has close stake in this and hence do not want to suggest if their requirement can't be met).

As Work items (Requirements, Defects and task) are stored in database, I understand that any reporting tool can connect to the fields in the DB. But a "Test Case" is not a work item and hence I was not sure if custom reporting will be able to get the description of the test case into a report (Matrix), along with the requirement fields.

Will custom reporting solve our purpose?

Any more suggestions without the use of custom reports? My client needs to prepare this report and am trying to get to use RQM's reporting to get this information out. Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.