It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM CLM case study for Metro Rail Project

Arun Kumar (1129) | asked Aug 23 '19, 3:09 p.m.

Hi,

Any one has any case study of implementing Metro Rail project using IBM CLM platform.

Thanks 

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 23 '19, 5:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Arun Kumar commented Aug 25 '19, 1:49 a.m.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for the valuable link.

Do you have any ppt for business value of using DoorsNG using CLM or DoorsNG for metro rail.

Regards,
Arun

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Aug 24 '19, 10:17 p.m.
I currently work on the project above, and am also working with 4 other rail and other civil infrastructure projects as well.

Happy to answer any questions about implementing CLM in large civil projects.

Comments
Arun Kumar commented Aug 25 '19, 2:40 a.m. | edited Aug 25 '19, 2:40 a.m.
Dear Davyd,

Thank you for the response.

Do you have any ppt for business value of using DoorsNG using CLM or DoorsNG for metro rail. 

Regards,
Arun

Davyd Norris commented Aug 25 '19, 6:52 p.m.

I think the articles above give you a lot of good information for a business case. The environment has proven itself so well in the RPV Metro Tunnel project case that they have already expanded its use, and eventually will be managing the delivery of several programs of work, totalling ~AUD$56 billion.

Matt Muller commented Aug 27 '19, 4:02 a.m. | edited Aug 27 '19, 4:02 a.m.

Hi Davyd,

So the CLM solution is DNG only or does it extend to other tools;

From the Video : DNG?, Rhapsody, Change (is this RTC), Synergy and RPE?

Have you looked at extending the product usage to Global Configuration?

Davyd Norris commented Aug 27 '19, 8:01 p.m.
The main tool used in large civil projects is DOORS NG, which includes requirement management, change management and project management (the RPV program uses all three pieces, but RM is by far the most heavily used).

One of the contractors is responsible for the signalling, network and interlock systems (most safety critical component) and I believe they are using RTC and RQM internally. They are long time users of DOORS 'Classic' so we exchange data between DOORS Classic and NG on a regular basis.

RPE is used to produce all the contract quality documentation.

I have Rhapsody being used by another client on a different rail project, primarily for FMEA modelling activities, but to my knowledge it's not being used on the RPV project.

Change and Synergy are the old Telelogic tools - RTC would be used instead.

Arun Kumar commented Sep 01 '19, 1:43 a.m.

Hi Davyd,

Interface management are you maintaining in RM or CCM tool and how about project management ?

Regards,
Arun

Davyd Norris commented Sep 01 '19, 2:04 a.m.
Hazards, RAM, and HF are all completely in DNG.

Interfaces are currently a bit of a mixed bag - for RPV they are partially in DNG and partially externally in Word, and that's causing lots of overhead. Other clients of mine are doing them all in DNG and it's a much better way to go.

Change Management is in CCM inside the environment but project management is being done in various different systems by the contractors - RPV program management is in P6.
showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.