It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What happens when URI is changed for existing Artifact Type?

Mary Miller (87124) | asked Jul 31 '19, 10:11 a.m.
 Good day,
I am providing some instructional content on setting up Artifact Types.  One of the things I have included is ensuring that people set the URIs. 
That said, I remember seeing something, somewhere that one should never change the URI for an existing Artifact Type.  I can't remember why.  Why is that again?
I want to make sure people know the impact if they decide they want to change a URI for an existing Artifact Type.
Thanks!
Mary

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241144) | answered Jul 31 '19, 12:31 p.m.
edited Jul 31 '19, 12:34 p.m.
Hi Mary,

Is it maybe the public URI of the database that you are thinking about?

You cannot change the public URIs once they are set and you may have seen warnings to this effect during initial configuration.

That is something different to URIs on artifacts, attributes, types etc.

For URIs on artifacts, attributes and types you can change the URIs in project A but if changing them causes the URIs to then be different to their counterparts in project B then data exchange will no longer be possible between those 2 projects.
Mary Miller selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mary Miller commented Jul 31 '19, 12:35 p.m.

This one is for the URIs on artifacts, attributes, and types.  That answered my question.  Thanks!

Mary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.