It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Case Formal Review comments not showing in History

Thomas Adams (112) | asked Jul 30 '19, 11:16 a.m.
reverted Jul 30 '19, 1:46 p.m.
In RQM Test Case, under Formal Review I can see multiple General Comments from the approvers, reviewers, and Test Case owner/originator. In the History tab, however, I can only see the comments from the Test Case owner/originator but not the comments from the others, which affects searching by the Modified Date.

Is this expected behavior? Which comments are also added to the Test Case History?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Aug 05 '19, 12:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas,

What exactly is it that you can't see the comments from other users except the owner/originator in the History?  Is it that there is entries in the History for the other users with no record of the changes/added comments?  Or, is it that there is no entries at all for the other users who added the comments?

The History is keeping track of who did what and when, so any changes of the artifact should be in the History.  It will be a defect is there is changes that is not recorded in the History.  What version of RQM are you using?  I just tried on RQM 6.0.6.1 with three different users and there is no issue.  All added comments are in the History in their own entries.

Comments
Thomas Adams commented Aug 06 '19, 12:01 p.m.
Hi Paul,

The issue is that the comments from other users appear in the Formal Review section but those same comments do not appear in the History section, which affects the Modified Date of the Test Case. I can't past images, so I'll copy/paste an example text below and in the next comment. Thanks!

Copy/Paste from Formal Review section. Here we see 2 comments on 7/26 and 7/29:

1. Arun P Jul 26, 2019, 2:05:26 AM
Can you please describe what scenarios you are going to cover here.
you can refer the design doc to create the test cases.

2. Apoorva G Jul 29, 2019, 5:33:42 AM
In this testcase we are planning to test viosupgrade command with ISO image and are also planning to pass a user defined configuration file in the -e option and check if it is restored successfully.

Thomas Adams commented Aug 06 '19, 12:03 p.m.
Copy/Paste from History section. Here we see an update on 7/25 and the 2nd comment from 7/29, but the comment from 7/26 is missing:

Modified date: Jul 29, 2019, 5:33:42 AM
Modified by: Apoorva G
Modified by (User ID): xxxx@in.ibm.com
Other
General comment from Apoorva G (xxxx@in.ibm.com) added: In this testcase we are planning to test viosupgrade command with ISO image and are also planning to pass a user defined configuration file in the -e option and check if it is restored successfully..

Modified date: Jul 25, 2019, 11:58:38 PM
Modified by: VIJAYALAKSHMI K
Modified by (User ID): xxxx@in.ibm.com
Other
Due date for Review 'Artifact Review' was changed to July 30, 2019.

paul chu commented Aug 07 '19, 6:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the clarification.  You should contact support to investigate in your environment for the missing change event in the history.  I can not reproduce in my test environment and all changes of the format review from all users should be in the history.

Is this consistently reproducible and does it happen for all users?  You mentioned that this affected the modified date.  Is it that the change from Arun at July 26 did not update the last modified date of the test case?  Can you try having another user to add a comment to verify if it will get the same issue as Arun?  These extra information will be very helpful for the support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.