It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems using RQM Copy Utility

Mark Watson (211) | asked Nov 04 '09, 12:41 p.m.
I can get the copy utility to work when copying generic test assets from one generic project in RQM to another. However, when I try to use it to copy test assets from one of our operational projects to another, projects in which we have done some customization such as customizing Sections and Categories that appear for test plans/cases/etc, the copy utility continually errors out with an error 400. The documentation for the utility suggests that certain customizations that are made in the source project also be set in the destination project, but how similar do the two projects have to be for the copy to work? Do you have to make sure all list items are exactly the same, or do you only need categories to match, or what? Any insight anyone has into this would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll keep experimenting...

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Nov 11 '09, 7:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The general guidance is to make the same customizations in the destination project that you made in the source project prior to doing the copy.

When doing the operational project copy does anything at all copy before getting the 400? If not, is there a chance that the project area was renamed at one point? If so, you need to use the "Project Area Alias", which will really just be the original name of the project area.

If some things copy but some fail with 400 let me know what type of artifact and if there is anything else in the log.

Good luck,
John

I can get the copy utility to work when copying generic test assets from one generic project in RQM to another. However, when I try to use it to copy test assets from one of our operational projects to another, projects in which we have done some customization such as customizing Sections and Categories that appear for test plans/cases/etc, the copy utility continually errors out with an error 400. The documentation for the utility suggests that certain customizations that are made in the source project also be set in the destination project, but how similar do the two projects have to be for the copy to work? Do you have to make sure all list items are exactly the same, or do you only need categories to match, or what? Any insight anyone has into this would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll keep experimenting...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.