It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error of "Some of your projects are out of sync" using the CLI accept command

David G (11112) | asked Jul 25 '19, 10:42 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '19, 10:44 a.m.

Hey all I am working with the RQM CLI and i have a question.

These commands are what I am doing in this order:

RQMAdapter.bat status  // Check if RQM is running
RQMAdapter.bat start    // Start RQM
lscm status -u " + theUser + " -P " + thePassword; // Check pending change status:
lscm accept -v -N -C \"RFT v9.2.1 w/ 1.3 v6.4\" -u " + theUser + " -P " + thePassword; // Accept pending changes:
lscm resolve -r https://zzzzzzzzzz.zzzz.zzzz.zzzz:9443/ccm --auto-merge -u " + theUser + " -P " + thePassword; // Fix any conflicts:

The last one, resolve, is only ran if it finds an issue with the accept. All of this works just fine. It does as it should and finishes without errors. However, the issue I am running into is when i start up the Eclipse and load that workspace, it tells me:
"Some of your projects are out of sync. We recommend you reload these projects. Open Pending Changes view Help to lean more."
I've been looking through the documentation and I have noticed the scm load has an option of resync but even calling that after i call accept does not seem to correct the issue.    

What can I use in order not to get this in Eclipse after doing an CLI accept command?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 01 '19, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 01 '19, 2:52 a.m.

You use the RTC SCM Command Line. 

If you accept stuff into a repository workspace and that is used/loaded somewhere else, you get said error message. Use dedicated repository workspaces with automation. make sure NOT TO LOAD THE SAME REPOSITORY WORKSPACE MULTIPLE TIMES IN DIFFERENT PLACES if you want to accept or checkin changes into this repository workspace.

Background is that the repository workspace tracks the changes and if it is loaded to disk and changed on the server somewhere else, the loaded content is different to the content in the server => Out of sync.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.