It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Have anyone tried to integrate RQM with python?

Ivy Ho (4711419) | asked Nov 13 '13, 8:49 p.m.

Do we still use the Command line adapter for integrating with python?

Are there any examples or paper out there for how to effectively integrate RQM with python?
I found this squish adapter, is this the same thing as the command line adapter?
but look like we need to purchase it separately from other people?
http://doc.froglogic.com/squish/latest/ao-rqmintegration.html

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 14 '13, 7:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ivy,

RQM does not support Python and there are no plans to add support.  You can integrate third-party test execution applications with RQM via the Command Line Adapter (see https://jazz.net/library/article/809).

Note, the Squish adapter is a third-party component for RQM integration.
Ivy Ho selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ivy Ho commented Nov 14 '13, 9:32 a.m.

Thank again Paul. 

2 other answers

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (1081514) | answered Jan 04 '16, 3:26 p.m.
Hi Ivy,
The RQM command-line adapter can be used to integrate RQM with a python test automation framework.
For example, if you wanted to configure RQM to run python tests the following could be done:
(1)Create a RQM command line test script with the following values:
--Command Line Script Details -->Use test resources that are local to a test machine = true
--Command Line Script Details -->Command = C:\Python33\python.exe
--Command Line Script Details -->Arguments =C:\testscripts\pythonWrapper.py

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (1081514) | answered Jan 04 '16, 3:49 p.m.
edited Jan 06 '16, 11:38 a.m.
I recently needed to run RQM command line test scripts using a python test automation framework, and I needed to make the RQM test scripts Operating System agnostic. Here are the steps I took to complete this task:
(1)Installed Python in the following directly on the remote automation machine, C:\Python33
(2)Updated the start.bat file with the following -D argument, -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Python33. Note, the same would need to be done in the start.sh with the exception of the filesystem path being different, eg -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/Python33
For example, here is how the command in the file was originally configured:
java.exe -Dlog4j.configuration=file:.\log4j.properties -classpath "%filecontent%" com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline.QMCommandLineAdapter %*
And here is how the command was configured after my update:
java.exe -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Python33 -Dlog4j.configuration=file:.\log4j.properties -classpath "%filecontent%" com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline.QMCommandLineAdapter %*
(3)Put the python file I want RQM to run in the following directory, C:\Python33\Lib.
(4)Create an RQM Command Line test script (eg "Python Wrapper") with the following configurations:
--Command Line Script Details -->Use test resources that are local to a test machine = true
--Command Line Script Details -->Command = python
--Command Line Script Details -->Arguments = -m pythonWrapper
--Execution Variables -->Include built-in variables = true
Note, the pythonWrapper.py file is the python file which will be used by all RQM test cases to run tests via a  python test automation framework
(5)Created several test cases, with different execution variables, and associated each of the test cases to the "Python Wrapper" RQM test script.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.