It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to write a perl script to traverse links in a RTC work item

Bob Ferguson (891544) | asked Jul 24 '19, 10:17 a.m.
 I am working with RTC 6.0.5

In our project we have the following work item types

Change Request
Epic
Story
Task

When a change request to be worked on an Epic will be created.  This will be linked to the CR as a child.
Stories will be created for the EPIC and linked to the epics as children.
Tasks will be created for the stories and linked to the stories as children.
The tasks will contain the change sets.

The customer would like a script where they could enter a Change Request id and the script would traverse to the Epic and then to the stories and then to the tasks in order to get the change sets associated with the Change Request.  They would like a report showing the latest files in the change sets and then have the files copied to another location.

I looked at the SCM command and seen were I can login, get the change sets for a work item and list the contents of the change set however I cannot get links and traverse them.

I know perl and have people around me who know java and xml.  I would like to do this in perl if possible.

One other major requirement is that we use CACs here to access RTC.  I have tried searching the REST interface with RTC and cannot find a way to login using a smart card.

If there is a way to do this please let me know and if you can provide examples that would be great.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 25 '19, 8:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I might be able to do that using Java. The Plain Java Client Libraries API should have all that is needed. I provided a lot of information how to use it here https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/.

You can probably do anything with Perl, if you throw enough money at it. I am not aware of a RTC Perl API. You could use OSLC and likely the OSLC4J Perl implementation for some of it. But it will be hard to do everything. You might have to also use the SCM command line (scm or lscm).

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 25 '19, 8:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.