It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JAVA API to identify the backlog iteration?

praveen hanchinamani (2729) | asked Mar 04 '16, 1:48 a.m.
edited Mar 04 '16, 1:53 a.m.
Hi,

I am using one of the process template while creating a project area, which creates the project area time line structure as below -

Main development[Timeline]
    - Release1.0[Iteration]
    - Backlog [Iteration].

So What is that configuration makes this "Backlog" different than the normal iteration? Is there any process configuration setting to identify whether the "Backlog" is really a backlog iteration? How can I make sure through java code that the "Backlog" is the really a backlog iteration? Is there any JAVA API available for this purpose? 

regards,
Praveen S H

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 04 '16, 8:09 a.m.
there is an IIterationType, I assume (but can't find) the list of types includes Backlog.
it is set here in the process config, which uses some api to do it..

Comments
praveen hanchinamani commented Mar 08 '16, 6:33 a.m. | edited Mar 08 '16, 6:34 a.m.

Thank you for your reply sam detweiler .

But IIterationType was not at all helpful for me to identify whether the iteration "Backlog" is the backlog iteration. I tried to get the IIterationType  by iteration.getIterationType() api and it is "null". Tried other IIteration interface api's to check whether I will get any information about this flag(to identify it as a backlog iteration), but no result.

Could you please suggest any more information about the solution that I am behind??

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 09 '16, 6:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The backlog iteration is declared in the process configuration of the project area.
In particular, the XML element <backlogIteration> defines the backlog iteration.
I don't know if there is a better way to get this information other than parsing the process configuration.
(As you discovered, the iteration type is unrelated to whether or not an iteration is the backlog iteration).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.