It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.6.1 -> Code Review under Links Feature

vinitha dsouza (14719122) | asked Jul 24 '19, 7:37 a.m.
edited Jul 29 '19, 9:04 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hello Team,

i am refering to Code Review Usablity enhacements:

in the picture provided, it is mentioned that we will get
- Code Review as link type

When i try this in our Play area, i see the discussion comments and Mentions link but not the Code Review link.

Can you help me out, what is missing?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jul 24 '19, 1:39 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 29 '19, 9:01 a.m.
To use RTC Code Review you must first enable the presentation in the work item that you want Code Review to appear on (Note: This is a 1 time effort.). The steps for doing this can be seen here: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_code_review_configure.html

Once the presentation is added, you need 3 conditions to start a code review
-Attached change sets to the work item
-The change sets must be closed/completed
-A target stream must be set (there is a button to set it on the Code Review presentation)

Once this is done, a Code Review object is created and associated to the work item (at the same time, a link will be created to the work item and Code Review object (and will appear in the Links tab of the work item).

Also, you can now write a work item query to find work items with a code review. In the Eclipse client for example, when adding a new condition to the query editor, you need to click on the check box called "Show links" at the bottom of the dialog in order to have the "code review" link type be found.
vinitha dsouza selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.