It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Code Review Summary is broken after deleting Stream

Long Nguyen (134) | asked Dec 20 '18, 1:43 a.m.
In Approvals tab of a work item, Code Review is set with required Stream, ChangeSets. Then it is possible to view Code Review Summary. if Stream is deleted which is no longer needed by project, the Stream in Approval tab will display `Code review requires read access to the stream.` and unable to change to another existing Stream.
It makes the Code Review Summary broken and disappeared.
Is there any way to fix this situation?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Dec 31 '18, 11:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 09 '19, 3:12 p.m.
This issue was fixed in RTC 6.0.6 iFix 003 in the following work item:

Note: See my comment below for a work around.

*Comment Update: Unfortunately what I said above does not fix the issue when the stream is deleted, there currently is no way in the webUI to pick another target stream. Currently you may have to perform the inconvenient manual workaround which I mention in a comment below.
Note: This issue is currently tracked in: Cannot view Code Review if the target stream was deleted (473949)
Long Nguyen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Long Nguyen commented Jan 01 '19, 11:35 p.m. | edited Jan 01 '19, 11:37 p.m.
Sorry for missing the version.I am observing this issue in RTC 6.0.6

David Lafreniere commented Jan 02 '19, 11:49 a.m. | edited Jan 02 '19, 11:56 a.m.
Sorry the fix is only available in RTC 6.0.6 iFix003. Perhaps you can put in a request to have your server updated to that iFix version.

Since the version you are on does not have the fix, you can't use the web-UI to reset the target stream, as a work around (until you get the server updated to iFix003), you would have to use the 'Submit for Review' wizard in the RTC Eclipse client. To do this you can create a dummy [empty] change set in the Pending Changes view, and right-click on it and select 'Submit for Review', then at the bottom of the Wizard you can pick a new Target Stream for Code Review. Once done, you can remove that dummy change set from the work item and discard it.

Note: The ability to do this in the 'Submit for Review' wizard was added in RTC 6.0.4. in: [Code Review] [Eclipse] Allow picking a target stream in the 'Submit for Review' wizard (415774)

Long Nguyen commented Jan 04 '19, 1:53 a.m.
I don't see any button in web-UI to reset the target stream. Could you please provide any guideline? Or do we need any roles/permissions to complete it?

This is my version currently:
Build id: RTC-SERVER-I20180527-0114
Patch: iFix003

David Lafreniere commented Jan 09 '19, 3:49 p.m.
I updated my original comment to make it easier for readers to spot the 'real' answer.
Short answer is that you are correct, there is no way in the webUI to correct this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.