It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CCM6.0.6 Upgrade script fails in first step

Tojan John (1172476) | asked Jul 23 '19, 7:08 a.m.
edited Jul 23 '19, 11:44 p.m.

I am trying to upgrade IBM CLM 6.0.3 to 6.0.6 on windows distributed environment.

Upgrade of JTS, JRS, RELM are all success.

But when I run CCM upgrade script, I get below message.

S:\IBM\JazzTeamServer6.0.6\server>upgrade\ccm\ccm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome "S:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" -newJTSHome "S:\IBM\JazzTeamServer6.0.6\server\conf" -updateTomcatFiles no -updateAppServerFiles no -ignoreJTSVersionCheck

Cannot find the JTS repotools command '"S:\IBM\JazzTeamServer6.0.6\server"\repotools-jts.bat'.

Verify that the -newJTSHome parameter '"S:\IBM\JazzTeamServer6.0.6\server\conf"' is pointing to the new JTS server configuration directory, for example, 'JazzInstallRoot\server\conf' and that the -jtsContextRoot parameter 'jts' is correct.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 24 '19, 4:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to migrate the application, why would you give it the parameter newJTSHome ? That would be typically derived from oldApplicationHome . Is there a script S:\IBM\JazzTeamServer6.0.6\server\repotools-jts.bat? Is JTS installed on this node? Are you migrating from Tomcat to Liberty, or why do you have updateTomcatFiles ?

Tojan John selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tojan John commented Jul 24 '19, 4:35 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I added parameter newJTSHome along with the parameters given in interactive guide.

JTS is not installed on the node and there is no repotools-jts.bat script in the new installation path. I am not migrating from Tomcat to Liberty 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '19, 4:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If JTS is not installed on that node, you have to either be able to mount the JTS install folder, or you have to use the option Manual upgrade (cannot mount network drives), I think.

Tojan John commented Jul 24 '19, 5:51 a.m. | edited Jul 24 '19, 6:42 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I tried manual upgrade
cd S:\IBM\JazzTeamServer6.0.6\server
repotools-ccm.bat -migration_ccm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome="S:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" ignoreJTSVersionCheck updateTomcatFiles=no updateAppServerFiles=no

With this, the teamserver and log4 properties got merged.

Next step to add tables "repotools-ccm.bat -addTables" giving same result.

So, do i need to map JTS server directory?

Tojan John commented Jul 24 '19, 7:27 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

My second attempt to run repotool to add the tables succeeded and upgrade completed

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.