It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Feedback needed regarding managing lqe datasource status in the enterprize

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | asked Jul 10 '19, 8:03 a.m.
Hello,
In order to assure the reliability of data for LQE datasource, I would like to contol the status of LQE datasource (number of skipped resources, if there are any invalid updates or errors for data source processing).

Currently the only way I see is to periodically look at data source page for each server. But this is painful when you have 10+ production servers.

How do you cope with this challenge?

Comments
Cathy Xu commented Jul 11 '19, 12:38 a.m.

I have an Enterprise SaaS client also like to have certain monitoring method, an email notification will do, to notify jazzadmin skipped resources, and other LQE related issues.

One answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Jul 10 '19, 8:55 a.m.

I have notifications enabled for error and warning events for "Data source events", which lets me know I need to log in and check on things. It's not perfect, as I get a lot of 'false positive' event warnings, so I've had to learn which ones to ignore and which ones to check on... and this has caused me to miss some real issues in the past.

I have submitted RFE's to request a way to enable known outage times for my data sources so I stop getting these false positive situations, but for the most part I'm just aware of when the outages are and ignore any issues during that timeframe. It's not perfect, but it's something.

Comments
Cathy Xu commented Jul 11 '19, 12:42 a.m.
Hi Jackie,

I wonder if you Enable "Data source events" for "Error" and "Warning", once you have some skipped resources, will you get email notifications every minute or so, because data sources are sync'ed every minute?

Do you have the link to your RFE request to share? Thanks!

Cathy Xu commented Jul 11 '19, 12:44 a.m.
Hi Jackie,

I wonder if you Enable "Data source events" for "Error" and "Warning", once you have some skipped resources, will you get email notifications every minute or so, because data sources are sync'ed every minute?

Do you have the link to your RFE request to share? Thanks!

Jackie Albert commented Jul 11 '19, 9:13 a.m. | edited Jul 11 '19, 9:14 a.m.

No, because those only notify you for potential problem scenarios. I think if you turned on notification for Successful Events, then you probably would be bombarded. I do have some skipped resources, and those only notify me once when they are first skipped... not constantly each time it runs.

Here's the link to my RFE: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=122322  (Note that I have a similar request also submitted for DCC since we also use the data warehouse)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.