It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue while stopping server.

Pavithra Shivalingappa (128220) | asked Jun 27 '19, 7:38 a.m.
Hi,
    I have installed clm 6.0.6 ifix009  version (as per websphere liberty procedure).
Deleted existing lqe.war, rm.war, qm.war, ccm.war, relm.war files from C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\liberty\servers\clm\apps directory and C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\liberty\clmServerTemplate\apps directory.

Replaced with new files.

But now am not able to stop or start the server.
In the logs, stop.log  shows below exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\liberty\servers\clm\workarea\.sLock (Access is denied.)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:286)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:226)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:173)
    at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.internal.ServerLock.testServerRunning(ServerLock.java:577)
    at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.internal.commands.ProcessControlHelper.stop(ProcessControlHelper.java:92)
    at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.Launcher.handleActions(Launcher.java:265)
    at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.Launcher.createPlatform(Launcher.java:121)
    at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.cmdline.EnvCheck.main(EnvCheck.java:59)
    at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.cmdline.EnvCheck.main(EnvCheck.java:35)

Can anyone suggest whats the issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jun 27 '19, 7:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 27 '19, 7:51 a.m.
  • As far as I can tell, before replacing any war file when applying an iFix, the server must be stopped.
  • If a server is not started, you are likely not able to stop it. So make sure it is started first. 

Comments
Pavithra Shivalingappa commented Jun 27 '19, 7:54 a.m.
The server is already started. And am not able to stop it.

In the browser, when i hit the url like "https://servername:9443/rm" it shows the page cant be displayed.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 27 '19, 8:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have talked to a developer here and he thinks he has seen this before. He suggests to contact support. I assume you can kill the Java process for the application server, but this might happen again and should be properly dealt with.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.