It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Writing to Java file from XML

Donna Lamb (21108) | asked Nov 03 '09, 10:57 a.m.
We have had a long discussion about the use of the Process Configuration Source (XML) file for a process template. Some believe that the Eclipse client for RTC writes to a Java file using the values in the XML Source Configuration document.

My belief is that the key/values in the XML document are used to only record data in the project database. Are either one of us correct in our assumptions?

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Nov 03 '09, 2:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you asking whether the configuration source is stored in a file within the repository?

Martha
Jazz Developer
We have had a long discussion about the use of the Process Configuration Source (XML) file for a process template. Some believe that the Eclipse client for RTC writes to a Java file using the values in the XML Source Configuration document.

My belief is that the key/values in the XML document are used to only record data in the project database. Are either one of us correct in our assumptions?

permanent link
Donna Lamb (21108) | answered Nov 03 '09, 3:44 p.m.
I'm not sure. Are the values picked up when you save a work item and stored in the database behind RTC? The "repository" (I believe) represents the database on our RTC server, right? I can't imagine that RTC is actually writing any CODE in Java itself just from the process of submitting a work item. I think that, when you save a configuration, that, yes, changes are made to the underlying database, but when you are actually creating new work items, that all it's doing is storing the data in the database. Again, no Java is being "written" behind the scenes as you are working in RTC (not writing plug-ins).

Are you asking whether the configuration source is stored in a file within the repository?

Martha
Jazz Developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.