It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM : How I get others Changesets in my Pending changes view as Outgoing Changes?

Jazzuser user (68849) | asked May 23 '19, 7:18 a.m.
edited May 23 '19, 7:27 a.m.
Hi Team,

We are getting an issue, where in we have a stream, we create repository workspace out of it.

On working, i get my other colleagues changesets/baselines as my Outgoing changes in my Pending changes view.

How is this possible ?

This was not happening before. we are noticing from past 2 weeks. This is happening for many users.

Could you please help on this.

Thanks.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '19, 7:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Consider opening a case with support. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 23 '19, 7:59 a.m.

Do you have the stream added to the pending changes view and see that flowing against another stream? In that case this would be normal. If you have your colleagues changes in your repository workspace but these changes are not yet in the flow target, this would also be normal. Another case could be if someone rebased the stream to an earlier baseline and you have the changes of your colleagues that got backed out in the repository workspace. 

Comments
Rajat Krishnan commented Dec 18 '20, 3:18 a.m. | edited Dec 18 '20, 10:36 a.m.
Hello @Ralph Schoon ,
In our case we have last case i.e
->Another case could be if someone rebased the stream to an earlier baseline and you have the changes of your colleagues that got backed out in the repository workspace.

So now my query is :
  • How to verify that the changes of other colleagues got backed out in RWS ?

• How to solve or avoid that other user's changes should not reflect into the other's users RWS?

Thank you

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 18 '20, 10:54 a.m.

The only way to avoid this scenario is to never "replace" the configuration of the stream, but rather always deliver new changes to it.   In particular, instead of using the "replace" to drop change sets from the stream, use the "reverse" operation to deliver change sets that undo the changes you want to get rid of.

If you have done a replace on the stream that effectively backs out some change sets from the stream, there are a few conventions you can use to verify that you have backed out those changes from workspaces that have already accepted those change sets.  For example:
- Send out email to the entire team whenever you do a replace, telling them to discard any outgoing change sets owned by other team members.   This email should include the list of change sets that have been discarded, sorted by owner, so that a given owner can see which of their own change sets have been discarded.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 18 '20, 10:54 a.m.

Something else you can do is turn on the deliver pre-condition on the stream that requires that the change sets have work items, transition the state of the discarded work item to a "Discarded" state, and add a work item query precondition to the stream, that disallows delivering a work item in the Discarded state to that stream.   This doesn't verify that the change sets discarded from the streams have been discarded from all the workspaces, but does prevent those change sets from being re-delivered to the stream by mistake.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.