It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Implement Contextual Defect Retest Records

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Apr 10 '19, 11:20 a.m.
edited Apr 10 '19, 12:44 p.m.

Hello, I am using CLM Suite 6.0.6.

I currently have a customer request and no idea how to deliver it using the CLM Suite of tools. The customer would like to see retest records for defect work items. A single retest record would consist of a version number (1.3.1), a date (mm/dd/yy), and a result (pass/fail). There would be multiple retest records for a single defect, upwards of 30+. These three different values would be manually entered by testers. The customer requested this be one of the work item attributes or at very least, available to be selected as a query parameter/available to be selected in the column display of an RTC Query.

I do realize I am asking for some way to use a CCM application to display QM data, which has limitations in the context of Jazz. Unfortunately the way test results are generated in our QM environment, there may be up to 5-7 test results for a single test due to testing versioned software on different hardware platforms. These retest records would need to ignore the variable for hardware platforms and give a single result for all test events.

I've investigated using the wiki attribute on defect work items to display a table where each row in the table is a record, and has three columns for each of the 3 different values. This would be a great solution if the text in the wiki attribute were query-able. A way to view this data in one location and query on it would be required. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.