It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to filter on multiple names in DOORS Next Gen / RRC view

Álvaro Alonso (35127) | asked Apr 04 '19, 3:43 a.m.
I want to reopen the next question. Do you know if it is possible to do it whith javascript or something like this??

Suppose I have a set of requirements in a DOORS Next Gen / RRC project, and the name of each requirement in the project contains "-A-", "-B-", "-C-", or "-D-".  I know how to create a view filter that shows me all of the requirements with "-A-" in the name.  I also know how to create a view filter that shows me all of the requirements that do not have "-A-" in the name.  That's done with the name filter, using "contains" or "does not contain" "-A-". 

What I don't know how to do is create a view that shows all of the requirements that contain "-A-" or "-B-", or a view of the requirements that contain neither "-A-" nor "-B-".  I see no obvious way of compounding the name filter with and/or.  And I don't know of any regular expression type of format that I can put in the name filter to achieve this. 

Can such a view that filters on multiple name values be constructed in DNG/RRC?  If so, how? 

2 answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Apr 04 '19, 3:48 a.m.
edited Apr 04 '19, 3:49 a.m.
If you add 2 filters then they are combined with a logical AND.

There is no way to combine filters with a logical OR at this stage in DNG like there is in DOORS Classic.

>>What I don't know how to do is create a view that shows all of the requirements that contain "-A-" or "-B-"
This is not possible

>>or a view of the requirements that contain neither "-A-" nor "-B-"
This is possible by creating 2 filters 'does not contain -A-' and 'does not contain -B-'

They will be combined with logical AND by default

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (56227) | answered Apr 04 '19, 5:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are some existing DNG enhancement requests on this topic, like this relatively new one:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.