It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] If I create a RTC project with scrum process and then switch that process to use a shared process, can I switch back

Bob Ferguson (891239) | asked Mar 25 '19, 12:16 p.m.
closed Jan 06 '21, 4:48 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 I am currently using RTC 6.0.5.

We initially created a RTC project using the SCRUM process.  This was the first time the user has used any of the Jazz products.  We used this project to introduce him to all the benefits of RTC.  At the same time another project manager wanted to use RTC to manage his agile projects. He was more aggressive in using RTC and did research himself of the features of RTC.  He wanted to create a master scrum project for his multiple project he wanted in RTC.  We created this master using the SCRUM process and allowed it to be shared, configured the child projects using unconfigured and then used the shared process for the master.  After all of this 2 things have happened which I have questions for.  They are:

The project manager from the initial RTC project (using SCRUM process) wants to use the master SCRUM process for his project.  Since they both were created with the SCRUM process and nothing that the child process is currently using (i.e. work item types, flow, etc ) have been changed in master or child process can I change the child process to use the shared master SCRUM process?  Also if I make the change to use the shared Master process and make no other changes, can I change back to not using the shared process and everything will be as it was?

If I use the master SCRUM process do I have to I have to check the  Final (ignore customization of this data in child project areas) selection for everything (work item types, flows, attributes, permissions etc...)?

The other thing that happened was a new user, who was given admin privileges added a new work item type and its associated attributes and flows to one of the child RTC projects.  He then added  the same to the master project so that the other children have it.  I noticed that his creation in the master was not exactly the same as it was in the child.  I noticed that he did not use the same id for the workflow of the new work item.  I don't want to have to make changes in multiple project for the same thing.  My questions are:

If I select the Final (ignore customization of this data in child project areas) will the child use the master vs is own work item type?

If it will not because of the id used in the associated work item flow can I do something either in the child or the master project in order to make the master be used instead of the child?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 03 '19, 12:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Duplicate Question" by rschoon Jan 06 '21, 4:48 a.m.