It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What else do I need to do in RQM to add Electronic Signature?

Michael Laurendi (105944) | asked Feb 19 '19, 1:54 p.m.
version 6.0.6. iFix006, no Global Configuration Management.

Under the Gear icon, in Manage This Project Area, I added to Preconditions & Follow-up Actions for Save Test Plan the "E-Signature Required for Lock/Unlock" Precondition.

Is there something else that needs to be set in Project Properties?

When I lock a Test Plan artifact, there is nothing about Electronic Signatures yet.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 19 '19, 7:10 p.m.
edited Feb 19 '19, 7:10 p.m.
Hi, Michael

You don't need to set anything in Project Properties view.
What you should check is:
1) go to project's admin page(Manage This Project Area) and check your user's roles allocated in the members field and note down the first role there, such as
test administrator, or test team member
2) then go to preconditions > Save Test Plan (everyone) and select 'E-Signature Required for Lock/Unlock', and Change who_Everyone(default) to the first role for your member id and save
3) then go back to test plan, if you try to lock the test plan(step 17 in https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.6/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_create_testplan.html), it will prompt the window for you to enter login and comment which is what this Preconditions does.

I hope this helps.
Michael Laurendi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Laurendi commented Mar 11 '19, 1:56 p.m.

Don,

Thanks, that definitely worked!

Mike

Michael Laurendi commented Mar 11 '19, 2:45 p.m.

More questions about this:

Must I change it to only the first role for my member id? Or can I select any of the other roles?

Does this mean that the E-Signature is not going to work when the preconditions > Save Test Plan (everyone) is selected?

Don Yang commented Mar 11 '19, 6:44 p.m.
I am not sure how RQM implements behavior look-up for precondition. As the role order can be changed(move up and down) through Eclipse client, I guess you can change other role if its role is on top order.
Looks like setting everyone's precondition for this one is not working unless there is a way to move everyone role to the top. This seems to be different behavior look-up from what it is in RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.