It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RPE, how can I retrieve test results for test plan along with test case, test script, requirement, and defect information

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Feb 19 '19, 11:11 a.m.
edited Feb 20 '19, 2:16 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

Hello,

I am using CLM Suite 6.0.6, along with RPE 6.0.6.

I would like to generate a report which provides test case title, test script title & ID, the requirements associated with the test script, the test case result (in the context of a particular test plan), and Defect ID if a defect was created during execution. I'd like to set the scope of the report as test plan and be able to reuse the report to reset the scope to future test plans.

How can I find out the data sources I'd need for a report like this? The same question goes for the corresponding Dynamic URI's. How would I begin developing the template, do I start configuring from the test plan level or from the execution result level? Would anyone be able to recommend a good starting point for a report like this? This is a fairly complex report for an RPE beginner, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 20 '19, 7:02 a.m.

Please refer the sample templates under %rpe_home%\templates\RQM. You can start with QM_TestPlanWithTestcases.dta that prints test cases, test scripts for a testplan (based on the value provided for variable testplanTitle). To print traceability details, you may refer https://jazz.net/library/article/1241

Timothy Distel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Feb 20 '19, 9:05 a.m.

I have loaded the sample template however after setting the TestPlanTitle variable and configuring the only data source in RPE launcher, I still only generate a blank word document. I did notice that there are 3 data sources configured in document studio, however when switching to launcher the only data source there was the test plan feed, the testcase feed and testscript schema data sources were not present to configure a feed.xsd or qm.xsd URL. Whenever I create data sources in templates I've created from scratch, they all populate in Launcher which is why this struck me as odd.

Could you tell me everything I'd need to configure to set this sample template to pull data from my environment to make sure I'm not missing anything? Or, is there a web reference which covers everything I'd need to know?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Feb 21 '19, 7:24 a.m.

Since QM_TestcasesWithTestscripts.dta uses feed schema, you should use testcase feed URL. Please try setting the following data source URI:
https://<server>:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/JKE Banking (Quality Management)/testcase?abbreviate=false

Timothy Distel commented Feb 21 '19, 11:14 a.m.

Thank you for your assistance. I've successfully pulled information from my environment.

How can I look at gradually increasing my scope to include the details I specified in the original post? More specifically, what is the most apt solution for adding:

1. Execution results of the test plan
2. Requirement Titles attached to the executed steps of the test script
3. Defect ID of the defects linked to the executed test script steps

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.