It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Simple XML data source in RPE document template fails in CCM resource with non-friends URI error

Nadine Magusinzky (152) | asked Jul 22 '19, 3:54 p.m.
Hey,

I am using RPE 6.0.6 and CLM 6.0.6 iFix 4. In RPE I made a complex document template that heavily relies on simple XML data sources hosted and generated by a Jenkins CI server, and on JQE queries hosted by CLM/RS.
The simple XML data source schemas use Basic authentication to access the Jenkins server resources, while CCM is probably configured to be Friends with RS/JTS/etc.

In RPE everything works fine with the above described data sources and setup. XML resources are properly downloaded from Jenkins CI and fed into java scripts as attributes, CLM JQE queries are authenticated and processed with some useless warnings, but without errors.

The ultimate goal is of course to A) have the RPE report deployed on CLM/CCM as a report resource, so that one can export it as pdf for example, and B) to embed the RPE report (report resource) into the CCM dashboard.

Both fails. Both say [ERROR]: com_ibm_team_reports_viewlets_web_ui_internal_TrendReportViewlet_xyz: Cannot access non-friend URI not.jazz.clm.sox . Both trip on the XML resources hosted by Jenkins CI.

Based on various articles like, https://jazz.net/library/article/535#Setup_friends , now my assumption is that CLM simply does not support any non CLM application hosted XML file as data source while this works perfectly in standalone RPE.

Our company recommended me to create an RTC stream and a dummy component in it just to mirror the Jenkins CI xml files I need and keep the RTC component up to date by pushing the latest xml files from jenkins build scripts using RTC CLA interface. I checked and this could/would work, but it is so lame and an ugly hack from my perspective.

Is there any way to convince CCM to accept an external simple URI, not OSLC/RDF compliant, as friend of the CLM server instance?
Or is there a way to avoid this "Cannot access non-friend URI" error without making the Jenkins CI server a Friend of the CCM instance?
Or is there an OAuth/CCM Jenkins plugin that would implement what CCM expects from something that wants to befriend with it?

I also tried to approach the problem from team concert build definitions point of view. I could save/push my xml files as build artifacts/logs from Jenkins CI that would be hosted by CCM/RTC as attachments within build results, but there the problem I face is that build definitions track each build under a different index or identifier or name. In Jenkins there is a special URI that always points to the latest successful build - this generic URI is always up to date for a Job. I did not found the equivalent within CCM/RTC's build definition/builds reports. Probably there would be a way to fetch all builds from a data source schema and then filter to desired artifacts via JS and dynamically take the up to date resource but this again seems to be error prone and I have no clue how to do it...

From a stakeholder's point of view I see a missing business need / stakeholder requirement as there seem to be a huge gap between the supported data source schemas of RPE and what is accepted by CLM/CCM/report resources thanks to this Friend no Friend thingy.

Any ideas on how to overcome this issue in a non dirty hackish manner? I am getting tired of the amount of workarounds I have to take to make things work.

Thanks in advance for all helpful feedback.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Jul 23 '19, 9:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Nadine,

This should be possible with Publishing Document Builder, RPE web client, but this s not supported with the RRDG within RTC. Have you tried using Publishing Document Builder, RPE web client?

RRDG within domain application like RTC allows you to generate document with that specific application/domain data.

Nadine Magusinzky selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nadine Magusinzky commented Jul 25 '19, 9:38 a.m.
Hello Fariz,

thanks for your kind response. I will check whether we have these tools available. If we do not have them locally then I will upload the report files to RTC and will use them from there with RRDG.

Fariz Saracevic commented Jul 25 '19, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Nadine,

You will not be able to upload templates to RTC and use them against application outside RTC. This is not supported and will not work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.