It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project's Modules/Artifacts returns a Message

Carlos Gonsalez (37518) | asked Jan 30 '19, 4:39 p.m.

I was brought in to fix an DNG Project issue, where the project is owned by Engineer B.

After going to the Requirements Management application, a Project(that was populated and linked last year) was
owned by Engineer B.    Last year, Engineer B had populated his Project with folders and "Imported" a bunch of requirements modules(one module per folder).    It was last year, when I last visited Engineer B's project.  Engineer B stated that he had visited the modules in under his project folders about a month ago.

Today, it seems that me nor Engineer B cannot open any modules.  The project folders with their respective artifact subfolders, but no modules nor artifacts are visible. 

In an attempt to restore the missing modules and artifacts, I've invoked the circular refresh icon, DNG displays the following message against a green banner:
              "Loading saved configuration details..."
Unfortunately, after 2-3 Hrs, the message remains but the DNG folders and artifact subfolders remain empty. 

Anyone encountered this such issue?

Carlos 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71016) | answered Jan 31 '19, 2:57 p.m.

Carlos,

In my instance, the folders displayed but the artifacts in the Module that I'd selected did not display. Once I switched the configuration, the artifacts displayed within two seconds at most.

Sorry that wasn't the solution, I was hoping it would be an easy fix but it sounds like you have something else going on.

I forgot to mention that we do not have configuration management turned on in our environment, we're using only RM. 

Good luck trouble shooting!
Carol

Carlos Gonsalez selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Carol Watson (71016) | answered Jan 30 '19, 4:56 p.m.

Hi Carlos,

I'm not sure if this is the same scenario, but when we had similar symptoms, it was because the Current Configuration was displaying an entirely different project.  Once we selected Switch Configuration, using * in Search, and selected the project we were in, all was fine and the modules and artifacts displayed correctly.

As far as we could tell at the time, this would occur somewhat randomly when you switched from one Project to another. The Current Configuration would display the previously accessed project rather than the one you'd selected.  I believe one of the IFIX's we've installed resolved the problem because it no longer occurs.

Good luck,
Carol

Comments
Carlos Gonsalez commented Jan 30 '19, 7:16 p.m.

Thanks Carol,

I'll run your suggestion tomorrow.    

permanent link
Carlos Gonsalez (37518) | answered Jan 31 '19, 1:10 p.m.

Carol
Out of curiosity, when you invoked the "Switch Configuration" feature, how long did it take to
restore your Modules into your Project's folders? 

I invoked that feature about 2 HRs ago, and it is still run displaying
the green banner message that says:

"Loading saved configuration details..."

Carlos

permanent link
Carlos Gonsalez (37518) | answered Jan 31 '19, 6:02 p.m.

Thanks Carol,
When you mentioned you don't have Configuration Management at your site, I chuckled...since
this site does  not either.    Since your suggested feature  didn't fix our problem, we had Engineer B
go ahead and reload  and relink his work.  
Somehow, there's gotta be a "lesson learned" from this experience....
Thanks for your input and suggestion!

Carlos

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.