It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade to 6.0.6 repotools-jts.sh -addTables giving database connection error

Becky McDermott (921139) | asked Jan 15 '19, 6:15 p.m.

I successfully ran:

cd /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer_6_0_6/server
./repotools-jts.sh -migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles oldJTSHome=/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf

but when I try to run:
./repotools-jts.sh -addTables

I am getting the following error:
CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ1779I This server is configured as a JTS.
CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "thin:jts_db_user/xxxxxxxx@gpdv6:1525:gpdv6"
CRJAZ2654E The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable (SQLSTATE: 99999, SQLCODE: 17067). Verify the connection settings in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.
CRJAZ0503E The server was unable to connect to the database. Exception:

The jdbc connection string and passwords in teamserver.properties in both 6.0.3 and 6.0.6 versions look identical.  I am able to run repotools-jts.sh -verify in the 6.0.3 version but it is using ojdbc7.jar.

The 6.0.6 version required ojdbc8.jar.

Anyone know how to resolve this error?

8 answers

permanent link
Natalia Trofimov (391714) | answered May 15 '20, 3:52 p.m.

HI Becky,

I ran into the same issue. were you able to resolve it?

Comments
Becky McDermott commented May 19 '20, 9:36 a.m.
It's been a while since I ran into this but as I recall, I had a couple of issues.  The first was that I couldn't use the ojdbc8.jar database driver.  I had to revert back to ojdbc7.jar.  I believe this was the primary issue.

At another time, I also ran into something where the database passwords couldn't contain special characters but I believe that got fixed with a later ifix.

Which ojdbc driver are you using?

permanent link
Becky McDermott (921139) | answered May 19 '20, 9:38 a.m.
It's been a while since I ran into this but as I recall, I had a couple of issues.  The first was that I couldn't use the ojdbc8.jar database driver.  I had to revert back to ojdbc7.jar.  I believe this was the primary issue.

At another time, I also ran into something where the database passwords couldn't contain special characters but I believe that got fixed with a later ifix.

Which ojdbc driver are you using?

permanent link
Natalia Trofimov (391714) | answered May 19 '20, 10:12 a.m.

Thank you Becky for your reply!!!

I tried to use  ojdbc7.jar and it works but it doesn't work with ojdbc.8 driver.
ojdbc.8 driver gives me the error:
CRJAZ2654E The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable.....
I think it is the ojdbc.8 driver issue rather than the passwords containing special characters.
I am just not sure if i can use ojdbc.7 driver. Waiting for IBM to confirm that.
Thank you,
Natalia

Comments
Becky McDermott commented May 19 '20, 10:15 a.m.
I submitted a support ticket with IBM when I encountered it and after about 2 weeks of them trying to troubleshoot it, I tried the ojdbc7.jar file and when it worked, they told me I could use it.  I will be upgrading to 7.0.1 in July when it comes out and I was going to try using the ojdbc8.jar file at that time and see if it works with the newer version.

We have been using the ojdbc7.jar file for a while now (we are on version 6.0.6.1).

Natalia Trofimov commented Feb 23 '21, 1:12 p.m.

Hi Becky,

I hope you are doing well. I am upgrading to 7.0.2 and I have the same issue with ojdbc8 driver - not able to connect to the database running -addTables. Were you able to upgrade to 7.0 or later with ojdbc8 driver?  
Thank you,
Natalia

permanent link
Natalia Trofimov (391714) | answered May 19 '20, 10:27 a.m.

Thank you Becky!!!!

I am planning to upgrade to 7.0.1 as soon i upgrade to 6.0.6.1,  i cannot go straight 7.0.1 from 6.0.4. Keep posted please if you have the same issue with ojdbc8.jar in 7.0.1 so I know what to expect!
Best,
Natalia

permanent link
Becky McDermott (921139) | answered May 19 '20, 10:38 a.m.

I was planning to upgrade to version 7.0 last week and had to ask my IBM technical rep how to download the new license keys (they changed how you do it) and he told me to hold off and wait for 7.0.1 for a production upgrade.  He mentioned that it is slated to come out in July so we are just waiting for it.  I will try to remember to post back here but if I forget, feel free to ask me again.

permanent link
Natalia Trofimov (391714) | answered May 19 '20, 10:43 a.m.

I will send you the instructions how to download 7.0 licenses. I already done it. it is different, you have to do it from the passport advantage instead of License key center. give me a few I will attach my instructions. it is easy

permanent link
Natalia Trofimov (391714) | answered May 19 '20, 10:44 a.m.

7.0 licenses are working with 6.0.6.1. I already confirmed it so you can install them to you 6.0.6.1 version or earlier

permanent link
Natalia Trofimov (391714) | answered May 19 '20, 10:46 a.m.

i cannot attach anything here. where do you want to send the instructions on licenses

Comments
Becky McDermott commented May 19 '20, 10:50 a.m.

I actually was able to get instructions for how to download them from passport advantage so I now have the new license file.  I really like how they combined everything into one file now.  Thanks!

Natalia Trofimov commented May 19 '20, 12:19 p.m.

ok cool! 

Natalia Trofimov commented May 19 '20, 12:20 p.m.

Thank you very much Becky!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.