It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What browser and tools are most useful to build & support RDNG 6.0.x extensions and additional embedded RPE reports

Hugh Lippincott (199) | asked Jan 09 '19, 4:18 p.m.

We will be installing an MS OS server instance to run RDNG 6.0.x and expect to need extensions for smart module updates, and to embed detailed reports following links developed in RPE.(~latest 6.0.x)

What browser(s) are most useful to build & support javascript extensions (Typescript?)
What RPE environment best supports building and testing detailed reports that require following links at depth 2+?

Note: This is an environment with a small team of users and developers (<10)
IBM documentation claims support for popular browsers, but names only IE and Firefox
My experience with Javascript development effectively used the Chrome browser tools.

Suggestions?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jan 09 '19, 4:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
All three browsers are supported per the CLM System requirements.  And for RDNG, Chrome and FF work best, better than IE.

The rest is up to you as to your preferred env for Javascript development.

The only guidance there is for the RM extensions is here, https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsMain
Hugh Lippincott selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Hugh Lippincott commented Jan 11 '19, 9:28 a.m.

Rosa Naranjo thanks!

This is an excellent, clear and precise answer.
I appreciate the input from experience with browsers.

I'd appreciate input from the community on their choices of Extension development environments, tools, & experiences.

One other answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Jan 31 '19, 5:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here you can find the CLM 6.0.6 system requirements, with more in detail which version of each browser is supported, under the Prerequisites tab.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.