It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create and link child work to parent work item while importing CSV file using WCL

CLM _User (2115) | asked Dec 26 '18, 1:14 a.m.

Hi All,

I am using work item command line 4.1  for importing workitem from CSV to RTC, It is working properly
but I want to create parent with child work item from CSV
example        type     id     summary       children
                      task     12      task1            #14
                      task      14     task2             

I want to create both mentioned work item as above with parent child relationship  using work item command line
how can I do that please suggest me

Thank You !

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 26 '18, 5:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 26 '18, 5:01 a.m.
The documentation for WCL is a bit fragmented. Here the export/import: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/11/03/a-rtc-workitem-command-line-version-3-0/

It works very similar to the RTC CSV export and import, it also uses the same mapping file. (Which you can create a starter for by exporting).
CLM _User selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
CLM _User commented Dec 26 '18, 8:24 a.m. | edited Dec 26 '18, 8:25 a.m.

Hi Ralph I have gone through all links regarding work item command line, for creating parent child work item simultaneously while importing CSV file into RTC using multipass command  but after importing, child and parent work item created without linking 

see the below exception

work Item 1121 specified but not found. Creating new work item
Exception! Link items - no targets found: @link_child = 1134
Ignored....... 

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 26 '18, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It tries to create a link to work item 1121 which it can not locate. I don't know what the issue could be, and you should not expect me to debug it for you.  Especially with almost no iformation from your side. You have the source code if you want.
So why is WI 1121 not existent?
Have you looked at the option /forcelinkcreation ?

CLM _User commented Dec 27 '18, 4:59 a.m. | edited Dec 27 '18, 4:59 a.m.

Thanks Ralph :) now I am getting correct output

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.