It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you configure Beyond Compare for all merge and auto-merge activities

Stephane Couillaud (15632344) | asked Dec 18 '18, 2:58 p.m.
retagged Jan 24 '19, 4:26 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

The Eclipse client provides the ability to modify the default editor to use an external compare tool like Beyond Control.  What it does not address is, how to ensure all merge operations, including auto-merge activities are covered.

I found this page which talks about configuring various templates based on the tools considered:

It states:

"Rational Team Concert includes sample templates for several popular compare tools that you can use to automatically resolve conflicts. You can customize these templates for different environments. If a template does not exist for a compare tool, you can use the custom template to define one."

It just doesn't say where to find those templates.   Any guidance to address this would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 18 '18, 9:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

WRT configuring auto-merge, I believe the answer in forum question https://jazz.net/forum/questions/172206 is still valid ... you cannot.

WRT the templates, select the "External Compare Tools" preference, and when you select one of the "External Compare Tool to Use" entries, it will show you the scripts that are set by default for that tool.

Stephane Couillaud selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephane Couillaud commented Dec 20 '18, 1:37 p.m.

Thank you.  I had seen that post but given that it was nearly 4 years old I had hoped new enhancements had been introduced since.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.