It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Failing to restore RTC 1.0.1 environment

Gary Craig (2155) | asked Oct 21 '09, 5:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I went to upgrade an RTC Standard server environment (Tomcat + db2) from 1.0.1 to 2.0. The base upgrade went fine but I failed to get the database scheme migrated/upgraded.

In a panic I reverted to the 1.0.1 configuration. However, it too is in an unhealthy spot. I can login using ADMIN / ADMIN -- Then try and do jazz/setup to get the server to work with my old teamserver.properties (recongnize LDAP config, db2 database config, etc.). Click on custom -- and the "Configure Database" page is stuck on "Loading Database Connection settings".

Of course the server thinks it has no license, yet it won't let me install the server license.

Any suggestions? Help? I have a 1.5 years of projects, SCM, etc. trapped in my DB2 database at this point.

One answer

permanent link
Gary Craig (2155) | answered Oct 21 '09, 5:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I went to upgrade an RTC Standard server environment (Tomcat + db2) from 1.0.1 to 2.0. The base upgrade went fine but I failed to get the database scheme migrated/upgraded.

In a panic I reverted to the 1.0.1 configuration. However, it too is in an unhealthy spot. I can login using ADMIN / ADMIN -- Then try and do jazz/setup to get the server to work with my old teamserver.properties (recongnize LDAP config, db2 database config, etc.). Click on custom -- and the "Configure Database" page is stuck on "Loading Database Connection settings".

Of course the server thinks it has no license, yet it won't let me install the server license.

Any suggestions? Help? I have a 1.5 years of projects, SCM, etc. trapped in my DB2 database at this point.

I managed to copy back all of the backed up pieces as was able to restore the previous environment.

Next will be understanding a smooth path to upgrade to RTC 2.0 before attempting this upgrade again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.