It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission on SCM operation

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Feb 02 '11, 9:00 a.m.
Hi,
I've the following scenario:

a project area with 3 streams, everyone of these streams contains 3 different components.

I also have 3 different Team Area, which can be related 1 to 1 with components.

I'd like to give ownership of components to the 3 team areas and allow members of a team area to perform scm activity (like delivery) only on files stored on the component owned by his team area. Is this possible?

I've tried to customize team areas process allow scm operation only on team area but in this case if the stream is owned by project area (because it's used by all teams) the user cannot perform delivery.

Thanks,
Michele.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 02 '11, 9:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michele,

I believe this is doable. I don't think you can do it in the permissions though, because the permission is for the whole stream in the context it is owned. In the Teams Operational Behavior in Source Control>Deliver Server there is a precondition "Restrict who can deliver to the component(s) in a particular stream" where you can modify who can deliver to which component in which stream.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi,
I've the following scenario:

a project area with 3 streams, everyone of these streams contains 3 different components.

I also have 3 different Team Area, which can be related 1 to 1 with components.

I'd like to give ownership of components to the 3 team areas and allow members of a team area to perform scm activity (like delivery) only on files stored on the component owned by his team area. Is this possible?

I've tried to customize team areas process allow scm operation only on team area but in this case if the stream is owned by project area (because it's used by all teams) the user cannot perform delivery.

Thanks,
Michele.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.