It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error msg "Status 12002" on IE9 when trying to switch Plan view

long TRUONG (3654123147) | asked Aug 20 '14, 9:07 p.m.
edited Aug 27 '14, 11:40 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
 On RTC 4.0.3
Issue: Error msg "Status 12002" on IE9 when trying to switch view from "Ranked List" to "Work Breakdown" on a product backlog plan. Chrome worked OK.

Compared Internet settings between her IE9 and my working one, found only 1 single different setting: she did not choose to “Delete browsing history on exit”. Sync that choice on her IE9 (with mine) was enough to not running into the cryptic error “status 12002”. That seems grasping at straw to me: Anybody have a better explanation ? 

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 21 '14, 1:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note: I'd suggest modifying this post to provide a more descriptive title.   Some of the experts skip past questions that do not have a title that falls into their area of expertise.

Donald Nong commented Aug 21 '14, 6:29 a.m.

I've seen such errors before with ClearQuest Web, and it's specific to IE. No luck in reproducing it so no solution. Google "IE 12002" will give you plenty of results to go through.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Christopher Robinson (571917) | answered Nov 05 '14, 10:29 p.m.
Hi Long,
Typically the Error 12002 happens when one of the Microsoft Windows HTTP Services fails in one of its functions. That error means that the request has timed out and that the communication with the server has failed to be established.

I've seen this tested and when the issue is encountered, the web client throws this error after 2 minutes and that error is what was seen. IE9 happens to take a while longer than Firefox or Chrome due to its JavaScript engine, which is a known issue when using IE browsers.

long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.