It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not sure I've got licensing configured correctly

Peter Turvey (99236) | asked Nov 01 '18, 7:40 a.m.

I am trying to work out whether or not  I have set up my Licensing correctly.

I have recently installed a new Jazz Team Server v6.0.6 and the CLM applications.

I have installed v6.0.6 of the Eclipse client on a workstation.

In the Eclipse client I have created a repository connection to the server and set up a new Project (called “New_Project”) using the “Formal Process Management Process” template.

I have installed the Rational Key License Server, bought some floating/token Client Access Licenses and gone through the configuration process.

The Jazz Team Server’s “License Key Management” page says that “This Server is connected to license server at https:<my server>:9443/jts/
This server is a Floating License Server (9 Floating License types installed).

Scrolling down the “License Key Management” page all looks good : there are numerous CAL types with green ticks and a status of “Active”. These include some “Trial” and some “Token Server Managed”.

And at the bottom of the “License Key Management” page I have an entry for “IBM Rational Common Licensing Service” with capabilities = Tokens. Licenses and a Status of OK (green tick).

If I run up the IBM Rational License Key Administrator and select ‘Client Server Configuration” and then “Show Licenses” I can see that I’ve got 400 IBM Rational Main Token Feature; Floating; expire 29/11/2021.

So basically everything looks good.

I then ran up the LMTools application and selected “Server Status / Perform Status Enquiry”.

I was hoping to see evidence of the “Eclipse client user who is logged on at the workstation and has just been creating “New_Project”. I was hoping to see something like this :

myname RTCSERVER RTCSERVER #u#fred.smith#u#s#JAZZ{------}#s##p##Rational Team Concert#p#jazzrole#Developer#jazzrole# ……….  Start Thu 1/11 10:01, 8 licenses (linger: 1800)

But I can’t see anything like that

So I  suspect I haven’t quite got everything right yet.

Any advice ?

Thanks
                 Peter

Accepted answer

permanent link
Peter Turvey (99236) | answered Nov 01 '18, 8:51 a.m.

Problem solved :
In the User page I had started off with "Rational Team Concert - Developer Token (Trial)".
After I did all the License Tokens configuration I had forgotten to go back to the User's page and switch it to "Rational Team Concert - Developer Token (Token Server managed)"

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.