It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Delete Folder on DOORS NG

Stephen Lohning (2115) | asked Oct 20 '18, 8:54 p.m.

Hi All,

I am trying to clean up some directories in our DOORS NG (6.05) . I have move the artifacts to the directory that I want them to reside and the directory is empty. Error message reads
ID CRRRW7752W  Not all of the folder contents could be deleted. Some contents might be locked, some might be used in modules, or you might not have the correct permissions or license to delete them.
I am working at Project Administrator Level.
There is no contents, so this does not make any sense.
Regards
Stephen

One answer

permanent link
David Reilly (69340) | answered Oct 25 '18, 10:47 a.m.

Hey Stephen -

This is an issue that I'm sure a lot of us have encountered. Surprising that no one on the forum has addressed your question yet because this is pretty low hanging fruit. Frustrating and confusing low-hanging fruit. Just a quick disclaimer that I'm on 6.0.2, and I know that DNG has undergone content-folder changes. Not sure if this error could possibly be referring to something else. 

With the above, refer back to error message once more:

ID CRRRW7752W  Not all of the folder contents could be deleted. Some contents might be locked, some might be used in modules, or you might not have the correct permissions or license to delete them.

The bolded portion refers not just to "folder contents" as artifacts but to the folders themselves as well. If this folder is a module content folder - one that initially held artifacts within your module, then what you actually have to do is find the module, specify a different content folder, and then you should be able to delete the folder. 

9 times out of 10, this issue is because we have moved artifacts out of the content folder without reassigning the module to a new location. It makes sense, because without a content folder, your module wouldn't know where to place newly created artifacts. Sadly, the error message doesn't do much for puzzled users. 

Hopefully this helps. 

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.