It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link Existing Requirenment

Akshay Goel (1315) | asked Nov 22 '16, 9:30 p.m.
Hi,

I am trying to link existing requirements using excel. 
I have already created requirements and trying to link them to a test case using excel utility.
I have created some test cases in excel and trying to link them with existing requirement using excel. Below is the test script i have used in order to create a test case:// This configuration file creates a test case with each test script and links them.

testscript.XLSStartRow=2

// use the data in the first row of a found script's column B
testscript.XLSArtifactID=K
testscript.category term="Unique ID".value=K
testscript.dc:title=L
testscript.dc:description=M
testscript.category term="Function".value=N
testscript.category term="Test Type".value=O
testscript.category term="Owner".value=P
testscript.category term="Priority".value=Q
testscript.category term="Complexity".value=R

// the literal "execution" will be put into the step type tag, so all steps will be of type execution
testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.steps.title=S
testscript.steps.name=S
testscript.steps.description=T
testscript.steps.expectedResult=U

// a new script starts when we encounter an empty row
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n
// we want to use the data we got for each test script to create a test case
testcase.XLSStartRow=2
testcase.XLSArtifactID=B
testcase.dc:title=C
testcase.dc:description=D
testcase.category term="Test Case Priority".value=E
testcase.category term="Business Complexity".value=F
testcase.category term="Test Process".value=H
testcase.category term="Test Sub-Process".value=I
testcase.category term="Test Type".value=J

testcase.testscript=Link(ZZ)
testcase.XLSLink=testscript

Please look and let me know my mistakes.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Somashakar Kannan (962) | answered Nov 23 '16, 4:38 a.m.
 Hi Akshay Goel,

You can follow the below steps while try to export using the excel utility.

1. Clicking on the menu option ‘RQM > Export to Repository’ and check the "Linking to existing RM requirement" check box. 
2. press "Export" button, then "RM login information" dialog will display, input the correct RM server information then press "Export", the following Requirement links dialog will display.

3. "Search Box" provides a search function either by requirement id or text contained in the requirement title.

4. "Requirement and requirement collection check box" - when "Show requirement" is checked only requirement artifact will be listed, and when "Show requirement collection" is checked, only requirement collection will be listed, and when testcase in "RQM test artifact" list is selected, the default list will be requirement, and when testplan in "RQM test artifact" list is selected the requirement collection will listed by default.

5. "Requirement / requirement collection list" will list the requirements that in the search result, if no text is entered in the search box, all requirements will list by default.

6. "Add" button, will add requirement to the "Linked RM requirement artifact" list, before pressing "Add" button, one test artifact must be selected, and one or more requirement must be selected, and the selected requirements will be associcated with the test artifact selected.

7. "linked RM requirement artifact list" will list the associated requirement artifacts with the test artifact selected. 

8. "Remove" button, will remove the requirement artifact from the "linked RM requirement artifact list". 

Hope this helps.

regards,
Somashakar

Comments
Akshay Goel commented Nov 28 '16, 5:59 p.m.

Thanks Somashankar for the response, but still my problem is not get resolved.Yes the Requirement link get popped up but not able to add or remove any requirement.

What i need to achieve:
I have created 2500 test cases, each test case has its separate excel. Now i have to do bulk upload in such a manner that each test case gets created in jazz and linked to the existing requirement. Requirement can be same or different for each test case.

permanent link
Somashakar Kannan (962) | answered Nov 29 '16, 3:44 a.m.
Yes the Requirement link get popped up but not able to add or remove any requirement.
>  Please make sure that you have permissions to create requirements in the project which you are trying to link.
>  Make sure the assoication of these project between RQM and RRC is done.

Comments
Akshay Goel commented Nov 30 '16, 5:45 p.m.

Hi Somashankar,

Thanks for the response.
I am not able to do bulk upload if i choose link to an existing requirement. I need to do upload 2500 test cases at once and link them to different requirements.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.