It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Import Tool: Linking new test case to new test suite not possible with first import?

Frank Hufnagel (115) | asked Oct 18 '18, 4:11 a.m.
Hello,

i import new test case and new test suite to RQM with Excel and linking them with "testcase.testsuite=LinkExisting(B)" in my cfg.

At initial import to RQM there is error "Error when getting testsuite with the id "TS_01" " and in RQM the test case is not linked to the suite.

When i do a second import there is no error and the test case is linked to the suite.

I think its because of the "LinkExisting()", RQM requires an existing test suite ArtifactID. I tried "Link(B)" but this doesn't work.

How can i link a new test case to a new test suite with first import?

RQM Import Tool Version: 6.0.6

Regards
Frank

3 answers

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Oct 22 '18, 6:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Frank,

You can use 'testsuite.XLSLink=testcase' to link testcase with testsuite during first import which also creates both, please refer sample file 'Testsuite with testcases that have testscripts.cfg' for sample implementation.

Regards,
Mehul

Comments
Frank Hufnagel commented Oct 22 '18, 8:16 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '18, 8:52 p.m.
Hi,

i already tried 'testsuite.XLSLink=testcase' but then all test cases in my Excel are linked to all test suites.

For example:
Test case 1, 2 and 3 must link to test suite A.
Test case 4, 5 and 6 must link to test suite B.

With 'testsuite.XLSLink=testcase' i have this result:
Test suite A has linked test cases 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Test suite B has linked test cases 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

But i need 1, 2, 3 to A and 4, 5 and 6 to B.

Regards,
Frank

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Oct 23 '18, 5:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Frank,

RQMExcelImporter Addin does not support selective linking. To achieve described linking you need to import all the test suite in first go and later modify your configuration file to link test case with existing test suites.

Regards,
Mehul

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Oct 30 '18, 8:51 p.m.
Hi, Frank

Please try the workaround explained in the below technote and see if it works for you.

In your use case, please consider test suite as testcase in the technote, test case as testscript in the technote and separate them to the two worksheets.
I hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.