It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use the process configuration from another project area

Sean F (1.3k243150) | asked Oct 14 '18, 3:46 a.m.

I cannot work out from the documentation or from experimentation what aspects of the process configuration get re-used when this feature is activated.

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21319600

I want to create a team that will access part of a project and have 2 roles within that team. I want those team roles to have certain access controls to modify certain attributes within certain artifact types (these artifact types will be common across these projects - with URIs).

I want to re-use this configuration across multiple projects.

Can this feature be used to achieve this outcome?

If not then what does the feature actually do?

3 answers

permanent link
Stefan Oblinger (185213) | answered Oct 15 '18, 3:45 p.m.
The referred Technote is not about process configuration sharing. I guess you mean http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22014345 ?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 16 '18, 3:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 16 '18, 3:36 a.m.

As far as I am aware only the aspects covered here can be shared across project areas:

Other aspects that are managed in the type system and project properties will have to be shared in a different way e.g. importing them.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243150) | answered Oct 16 '18, 8:06 a.m.
^^Thanks Stefan
^Thanks Ralph

It seems that the following configuration options can be shared between projects
  • User roles
  • Workflow
  • Permissions

Team areas are not preserved when you share the process area, however roles and permissions are preserved at the project area level.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 16 '18, 8:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This sounds plausible. This is similar to how it is done in RTC. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.