It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using LSCM to move a folder to the root of another component

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Oct 01 '18, 2:06 p.m.
edited Oct 01 '18, 2:38 p.m.
We are breaking a monolithic component into pieces and putting it in multiple components.

I'm trying to move a subpath within a component to the root of a second component.  For example:

C:\sandbox>lscm move repository-path -r rtcprod -w "fs prod o386600" -S _C1KyEICZEee7CNG-HPCsSg -D _qV744cWWEeiFc8tafYduGA /source/path/of/folder/to/move/OurService OurService/.
Problem running 'move repository-path':
Could not find remote target path specified by /OurService
OurService is the name of the component I want to move the path into (it's also the folder name in the source component).  I want to move the folder to the root of the second component but I can't figure out how to specify the remote path.  I've tried the component name, ".", blank, etc, but get the "could not find remote target path" error every time.

Any ideas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 01 '18, 4:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you try just "/" as the target?

Andy Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Oct 01 '18, 4:39 p.m. | edited Oct 01 '18, 4:39 p.m.

D'oh!  You would think I would have!  I tried ., \, \component, /component.. but apparently I didn't try just / - which DID work.... thank you! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.