It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can CLM 6.0.6 be used with SQL Server 2017?

Ken Murphy (1033235) | asked Sep 18 '18, 9:32 a.m.

I see that the system requirements include SQL Server 2014 and 2016. However, we'll be moving to SQL Server 2017 next year, so I'm doing some advanced planning.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rondelet Pierre-Yves (16) | answered Nov 26 '18, 3:30 p.m.
Extract from the RTC-SDK-Server-6.0.6.zip (product download page)

RTC 6.0.6 :
public void assertRequiredVersion(Connection connection) throws TeamRepositoryException, SQLException {
        //Only Sql Server 2012, 2014 and 2016 are supported

DatabaseMetaData metaData = connection.getMetaData();
        String productVersion = metaData.getDatabaseProductVersion();
        String productName = metaData.getDatabaseProductName();
        if(!productName.equalsIgnoreCase(PRODUCT_NAME))
            throw new TeamRepositoryException(NLS.bind(Messages.getServerString("SqlServerProvider.productNameMismatch"), productName)); //$NON-NLS-1$
        int v = Integer.parseInt(productVersion.substring(0, productVersion.indexOf('.')));
        if ((v != 11)&&(v !=12)&&(v != 13))
            throw new TeamRepositoryException(NLS.bind(Messages.getServerString("SqlServerProvider.SqlServerVersionNotValid"), productVersion)); //$NON-NLS-1$

assertRequiredJDBCDriverVersion(connection);
    }
Ken Murphy selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Luca Martinucci (1.0k294112) | answered Sep 18 '18, 9:59 a.m.
Which version of SQL Server are you using with CLM 6.0.6?

As you said, CLM 6.0.6 is not supported with SQL Server 2017.

I suggest that you wait for the first version of CLM that supports SQL Server 2017.
In order to perform an upgrade from the previous versions, it should support SQL Server 2016 (and possibly SQL Server 2014) as well.
So, you could upgrade your CLM to the new version without upgrading the SQL Server version.
Once you've upgraded CLM to a version that supports SQL Server 2017, you can migrate SQL Server.
Anyway, this is just a speculation, as there is not yet a date for the next CLM release.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.