It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I automate Approvals/Reviews for certain work items?

Aaron Garcia (837) | asked Sep 05 '18, 9:21 a.m.

Each time a Change Request (CR) is created I have 6 Approvals/Reviews that need to be done prior to the CR being submitted to the Change Control Board.

Unit Chief Approval:
ISSO Review:
Vendor Review:
SME Review:
Chemistry Chief Approval:
Section Chief Approval:

Is there a way to predefine the Approvals Review in RTC so that every time a new Change Request is submitted all 6 of these reviews display and the end user would only have to assign the individual for each review. The Unit Chief Approval can be any one of 13 people so that needs to be picked on submission. The rest of the people could be prepopulated, or assigned later.

One answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813674) | answered Sep 05 '18, 10:37 a.m.

I use a work item template - but not ideal

Comments
Aaron Garcia commented Sep 05 '18, 12:05 p.m.

Matt, How can I use a work item template to create the desired Approvals and Reviews that would show up on my Approvals tab of the work item ?? Can you please elaborate on how I would do that? I guess I could add extra attributes to the work item and create a number of reviews on the  editor presentation, but could I still generate automated emails and update the status if I did it that way?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.