It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CC-RTC Synchronization - synchronizing a large number of files

Yael K (471130) | asked May 29 '14, 10:54 p.m.
Hi,

We're using cc-rtc-synchronizer to synchronize from ClearCase Streams to RTC (v4.0.6)
Our ClearCase stream is configured with 30~ components, in total 300K files. Total size of 130 GB.
The synchronization is one-way, and should synchronize from CC to RTC on a daily basis.
Also, we need to synchronize several of these CC Streams (same components each), due to parallel devolopment.

Is there a smart way to synchronize this large workspace ?
Should I divide the synchronization into a number of integration streams ?
Can I schedule the synchronization process to run for each component on a different time ?

Thank you,
Yael

One answer

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered May 30 '14, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think one of the challenge is the initial synchronization, which potentially takes long. The subsequent synchronization only replicates delta from the last successful synchronization, so I expect it finishes in reasonable time ( which depends on the volume of the changes, although). In either case, the ClearCase stream is locked during the synchronization, so this work-around article may help you to configure the synchronization.

Workaround: Create a lock-free Rational ClearCase synchronization for UCM streams by running custom scripts

I do not recommend to break it to multiple synchronization because every synchronization attempt to lock the stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.