It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm move path command not working in RTC 5.0.2

Bhavan Kasivajjula (111) | asked Apr 06 '16, 6:47 a.m.
 I have a local sandbox created and my project loaded using RTC

RTC Client for Eclipse 4.2.x IDE 5.0.2

When I try to run an 'scm move path' command to rename a file in a component in that sandbox, I keep getting this error. I'm running the command from a directory that is not the sandbox (/opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse)

Problem running 'move path':
Could not initialize data area. The directory "/opt/IBM/TeamConcert/scmtools/eclipse" is not shared. This command must be run on a descendant of a directory that has either been shared or loaded.

When I ran the command from within the sandbox, I get a different Java exception:
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.AbstractSubcommand.run(AbstractSubcommand.java:53)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure.internal.core.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:601)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure.internal.core.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(SubcommandLauncher.java:370)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure.internal.core.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:130)
at com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure.internal.Application.start(Application.java:41)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:94)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempted to beginRule: P/appliance-core, does not match outer scope rule: F/appliance-core/app-core/pkg/mcp
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ThreadJob.illegalPush(ThreadJob.java:136)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ThreadJob.push(ThreadJob.java:329)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ImplicitJobs.begin(ImplicitJobs.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.JobManager.beginRule(JobManager.java:286)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.refreshSynchronously(LocalChangeManager.java:471)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.doRefresh(LocalChangeManager.java:597)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.refreshChanges(LocalChangeManager.java:821)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.rest.FilesystemRestClient.postMoveResources(FilesystemRestClient.java:1204)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:94)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:619)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.daemon.JSONHandler.handle(JSONHandler.java:322)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection.readNextRequest(HttpConnection.java:628)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection$1.run(HttpConnection.java:470)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.util.MarshallerUtil.decodeExceptions(MarshallerUtil.java:364)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.serialize.internal.JSONDeserializer.deserializeErrorObj(JSONDeserializer.java:957)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.marshalling.ExceptionHandlingJSONDeserializer.deserializeErrorObj(ExceptionHandlingJSONDeserializer.java:128)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.serialize.internal.JSONDeserializer.deserializeException(JSONDeserializer.java:933)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.marshalling.EObjectJSONDeserializer.deserializeError(EObjectJSONDeserializer.java:71)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.restproxy.RestInvocationHandler.executeRequest(RestInvocationHandler.java:267)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.restproxy.RestInvocationHandler.executeAndReturnResult(RestInvocationHandler.java:221)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.restproxy.RestInvocationHandler.invokeInternal(RestInvocationHandler.java:368)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.restproxy.RestInvocationHandler.invoke(RestInvocationHandler.java:311)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.postMoveResources(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.MoveCmd.run(MoveCmd.java:159)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.AbstractSubcommand.run(AbstractSubcommand.java:51)
... 17 more
Scm:
An error has occurred. See the log file

So I looked up the Java exception and found this old post in this forum. If it has been fixed in 4.0.5, I don't know why am I seeing it at 5.0.2

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/126064/why-is-the-lscm-command-not-working-in-403

I also found this other document : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PI33972 but I have not used any load rules when loading my project.

Any suggestions to overcome this problem are appreciated.

Thanks
Bhavan

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 06 '16, 7:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I know for a fact that the SCM/LSCM command in general works also in 5.0.2.

My best advice here is to provide the real command(s) you run and the paths and what parmeters you used - you can use fake names and passwords f you want. Maybe there are users that can comment on that.

However, the question you refer to has an answer (well hidden as a comment)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Yaron,
This is known issue which has been fixed in 4.0.5. See https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=278308
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So if you suffer from this error, you would have to go to the last 4.x version available.

Comments
Bhavan Kasivajjula commented Apr 06 '16, 8:37 a.m.

Thank you for your prompt response.

I was trying to rename a file within a component/folder using these commands:

scm login --repository-uri <rtc_url> --username <user> --password <pwd>

scm move path ~/rtc-workspace/folder1/file1.txt ~/rtc-workspace/folder1/file2.txt

I tried executing this:

1. From a directory like /home/user/desktop (could not initialize data area error)
2. From within the rtc workspace like /home/user/rtc-workspace. (Java exception)

There seem to be a couple of similar Java exception related work items that are marked as fixed in 6.0:

Unfortunately my RTC servers are at 5.0.2 so I cannot upgrade my client to 6.0

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 06 '16, 8:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The odd thing is that the error message above talks about 4.0.3 and fixes in 4.0.5. so it should be fixed, shouldn't it?

I would suggest to approach support with a PMR if no one can help here in in a timely fashion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.