It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error: For copied links to work correctly, ensure that the source project and target project are in the same global configuration.

R Z (1273453) | asked Sep 04 '18, 5:10 a.m.

Hi,

I am trying to copy/duplicate test artifacts between two RQM Project Areas which has same process template and Configuration Management enabled.
At the initial step, it says "For copied links to work correctly, ensure that the source project and target project are in the same global configuration" and "Include links to duplicates of the test artifacts that the original artifacts link to" option is by default selected.
But I am only interested in copying the test artifact records not the links or associations.
Screenshot attached. Error

2 answers

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Sep 04 '18, 6:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Riaaz,

In the screenshot attached I don't see any error message. Its just a warning message and that too matter only when you want all the related links also to be copied to the target project area along with the artifacts. In your case, as you mentioned, you do not need links.

So please uncheck the checkbox saying " Include links to duplicates of the test artifacts that the original artifacts link to". and continue.

Thanks and Regards,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
R Z commented Sep 04 '18, 7:26 a.m.

Hi Krupa,

Thanks for the response.
But it doesn't allow me to do so.
Option is grayed out, I can't uncheck that.

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Sep 04 '18, 12:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Riaaz,

Before you proceed with the copy option, make sure the Local Configurations of each QM project are part of same GC component. Then proceed with the copying of Test plan as before and uncheck the checkbox for not including the links.

NOTE : Local Configurations of the involved QM project must be added to same GC component.

Thanks,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.