It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how do I deliver only specific change in my file to integration stream without delivering other changes?

Pallavi Deore (38150) | asked Jul 30 '18, 2:52 a.m.
retagged Aug 03 '18, 6:04 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I have one file in which I changed 4 times and for every change I check in the changes , but in integration stream I wanted to deliver only specific change and rest of the change can not  be delivered.

Comments
Pallavi Deore commented Jul 31 '18, 5:31 a.m. | edited Jul 31 '18, 8:53 a.m.

I have one file , I change the file 4 times and check in and deliver it, so I got 4 different versions of this file but at target stream I only want 2nd specific change , which can not show 1 st , 3 rd and 4 th change in same file.

2 answers

permanent link
Luca Martinucci (1.0k397112) | answered Jul 30 '18, 10:59 a.m.

In order to cherry-pick the changes to one file you must:

1) check-in every change to the file in a separate change set;
2) but, you cannot have 2 separate active change sets at the same time containing changes to the same file;
3) so, you must complete the change set after you have checked-in your change.

Even in this case, you are bound to restrictions due to gaps (see https://jazz.net/library/article/1372).

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 31 '18, 8:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What you want to do is called "Merging change sets that contain gaps in history".

In particular, RTC provides a wizard which will step you through the process of creating a new change set that contains just the change you want, and not the changes you don't want.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.