It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove enforced work item naming convention?

Timothy Distel (73356) | asked Jul 26 '18, 10:58 a.m.
edited Jul 26 '18, 10:59 a.m.

Hello,

Working in RTC 6.0.3.

I am a fairly new Jazz administrator taking over an already developed environment, CLM suite 6.0.3. I have a request to change an already enforced naming convention for work items. The enforcement is derived from attributes within the work item itself.

Ex: Work Item has two attributes, Product and Version #. Both attributes are required to save the work item and both are enumerations. Once both values are set (Software A, and 4.0.1) and the work item is saved, the summary of the work item changes to these values (Software A 4.0.1) regardless of values entered in the summary prior to saving. 

Users in the environment have determined it is better to enforce this via permissions so that only certain users can specify the summary, but have more flexibility in the naming of the work items. How is this enforced and how can I change this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 27 '18, 2:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is likely a calculated value. See https://jazz.net/library/article/1003#calc-values

Timothy Distel selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.